There are a variety of stones panel on the market, how can you distinguish the difference between artificial stones, natural stones and faux natural stones? We can follow these steps.
1) Touch: natural stone feel cold in the normal temperature while artificial stone and faux natural stones is relatively warm, some artificial stone feel very smooth after polished.
2) Appearance: artificial stone and natural stone surface color is very regular and order, while patterns and design of natural stone is irregular and change. If you find the surface texture is different after cutting, the stone must be artificial stone.
3) Weight: natural stone density is much higher than artificial stone or faux natural stones. Artificial stone is about 20% to 30% lighter than natural stone.
4) Burns: Artificial stone made of resin material, even if it is refractory, you can also feel the chemical smell when burning; Natural stone is not fired.
5) Price comparison: the price of artificial stone is usually cheaper than natural stone and faux natural stones if someone offer you natural stone at a very cheap price, the natural stone may be fake.
Now, faux natural stones is more and more popular in building decoration, why choose faux natural stone?
- Lightweight than natural stone, but also makes the construction easier and not easy to fall down, reducing the load weight of wall and floor.
- Material is hardness, non-friable, easy to transport, and can reduce the packaging process, cost savings.
- Obvious light transmission effect, high plasticity.
- The use of faux natural stone to reduce the exploitation of natural stone, protecting the Earth’s environment.
H&K Goodware faux natural stone panels